Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BACK EAST: EARTHQUAKES AND HURRICANES

My parents flew us back to West Virginia for about a week 1/2. This was sooo exciting for Isabelle. She hadn't flown since February and this time she really realized what was going on. I told her 2 weeks in advance that we were going to fly on a plane and see nana and pops...every day she asked me how much longer. I was so excited just seeing her excited! I had to wake her up at 4:45am (usually when i wake her up, she is CUH-RANKY!) but particular morning she woke up giggling she was so excited.
Denver was our layover and we had to be there for 4 hours. She had done so wonderful. She had pooped in the potty 3 times and told me every time she had to go peepee. I was so proud of her. After 3 hours of being in Denver, she was getting restless. She was so tired b/c she had not napped yet and she had lacked sleep from waking up early. Once we got on the plane, we were delayed b/c of lightning. Then after the lightning was done, we were delayed for another reason...poor girl. There were only 2 seats on each side of the plane so este sat with her. Once we were in the air, we all napped for a while. so far so good. Este let her watch a movie and all was well....until we gave her puddy to play with. Este realized after a while that she was chewing on it and then she swallowed it once he saw her. Shall I say, after this, all hell broke loose? lol. She got mad, i mean MAD that este took the rest from her. In defiance, we believe, she peed in her seat. This was after she had spilled all kinds of gold fish in her seat. I was afraid Este was about to lose it and there was nothing i could do...we were descending and i couldn't get out of my seat. People were looking at them because of the scene they were making and i was trying to be invisible. All of a sudden, i saw Este flip something off of his hand onto the floor. Come to realize, peppy was sticking soggy (from the pee) goldfish on him. LOL. He seriously was ready to blow but i couldnt help but laugh. She saw a glimpse of me and started yelling, "i want mommy! i want mommy! mommy are you mad?" People then started looking at me...Este looked at her and said, "NO, MOMMY'S NOT MAD, I AM!" lol. I'm laughing now but i was so praying that we would never see these people again. Este swears that as soon as she peed all over, she was once again happy. She knew how to get back at daddy!
Once we landed, i took peppy to the restroom and gave her a bath with wipes and changed her clothes. she was as happy as could be. poor daddy. :) Now it was off to see nana and pops!
This was the beginning of our many adventures back east!

"You don't really believe that story, do you? Look how innocent I am!"

3 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

HAHA! LOVE IT!!!! glad its just not my kids who do things like that

Jess Williams said...

Oh my gosh thank you for that story! That is hilarious! (poor Este though) but looking at it from my point of view.. That's so funny!!

Good story :)

Anonymous said...

hilarious! i can totally imagine this. Oh the fact that she was putting pee pee gold fish on him is too funny! eating that stuff, oh man, i had to read this to dennis. and then showed him her pretty little picture.
and you laughed. oh i love you guys. can you find us a house out there to rent? :)

mar