Thursday, April 2, 2009

38 weeks

Great news...they found out last week that baby girl's brain ventricles have shrunk to the perfect size that they should be...our God is amazing, huh? I also found out, last Thursday, that I am 1 cm dilated and the doctor touched the baby's head. I went back to the doc today and I am the same...1 cm dilated. He said my 1 pound weight gain is good (never thought he would say i'm doing ok in that area!) and that baby's weight looks perfect. sooo...seems like everything is going great.
I have been able to mark tons of things off my "to do" list which feels wonderful! Among many of things, i shampooed the carpet, washed all of baby's clothes, blankets, etc., purchased the rest of the stuff that we need for her arrival, packed for the hospital, and had a hospital tour. whew!
Let me tell you, I have been trying to make up for all that work this week! I have been so tired and have been trying to rest a lot.
A friend will be coming by sometime soon and painting our "family verse" on the nursery wall. I'm so excited about that! We have yet to hang the paintings and the shelves in the nursery...we will get there!
Oh yeah, our concrete got laid this week and we are still waiting for it to dry. In the next day or so, we will be getting our sod laid for the yard...yay! I have yet to walk to the back and take a good picture but I will post some from the house.
Who can spot the kitty?

He so does not fit in there!

The concrete going in!


My baby watching in excitement!

38 weeks and 1 day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Nina will wait for us! You look good and your backyard will be amazing for Nina and your cookouts.

Praise the Lord for taking care of you and Nina.

G. Sprouse

Anonymous said...

THEO!!! your cat cracks me up. his eye is totally crammed against the basket! LOL!!! i miss you soooo much. everytime i read your blogs and see how beautiful you look it makes me sad and happy at the same time! i'm soo excited for you and Esteban and i can't wait to see pictures of baby girl:)

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful!! Theo is a hoot! Love you guys

Love,
Gussy :)

Brent and Abigail said...

so glad your baby is doing well. Its so fun when they can feel the head :) any day now. you look beautiful and we're already drooling over your sod!!! haha all we have are weeds right now. Colin loved the picture of the cement trucks - what a fun backyard