Thursday, April 9, 2009

..and the WORD washes over me

This has probably been the hardest week of our lives. We can't explain what all is going on but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have appreciated all of the encouragement that has been given. People have read verses to us and even emailed them to us. We made a list of some of the ones that have been given...and this is seriously where we have found life the last couple of days. Also the knowledge that people are going before our heavenly Father on our behalf is the most incredible feeling. Please continue to pray for our family...for wisdom, guidance, God's grace and mercy, and justice. It's amazing how looking at life around us looks so horrible but in the deepest part of our being we are so comforted with clinging to Jesus...how is that? He is the bread of life! Este and I are looking forward to "building an altar" in honor of the Lord to remember how He rescued us in this time.
On another note, our daughter is still in my womb...i have not dilated anymore...i feel this is an act of God.
Here are some of the verses that have carried us these past few days...
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.
Psalm 61
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

5 For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.
6 You will prolong the king’s life,
His years as many generations.
7 He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!

8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
That I may daily perform my vows.
Psalm 46: 1-2
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear
Phil 4:4-8
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Ecc 7:3
Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
1 Peter 3:13-16
And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”[c] 15 But sanctify the Lord God[d] in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
james 1:2-5
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so working in your lives right this very moment. Never doubt his hand in your life. He is your protector! I love you all so much. I am praying my little heart out here in WV. If there is anything you need...just say the word. Love you Love you Love you!
Augusta

Jen said...

Hey Tif...what's going on? How can I pray?