Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prayer from Tozer

Esteban and I are reading "The Pursuit of God" by A W Tozer. We have only gotten through the 2nd chapter but I HIGHLY recommend this book to every believer. It is very short but it seems to be life changing, for sure! I wanted to share a prayer that was at the end of chapter 1.
OH GOD, I HAVE TASTED THY GOODNESS, AND IT HAS BOTH SATISFIED ME AND MADE ME THIRSTY FOR MORE. I AM PAINFULLY CONSCIOUS OF MY NEED OF FURTHER GRACE. I AM ASHAMED OF MY LACK OF DESIRE, O GOD, THE TRIUNE GOD, I WANT TO WANT THEE; I LONG TO BE FILLED WITH LONGING; I THIRST TO BE MADE MORE THIRSTY STILL. SHOW ME THY GLORY, I PRAY THEE, THAT SO I MAY KNOW THEE INDEED. BEGIN IN MERCY A NEW WORK OF LOVE WITHIN ME. SAY TO MY SOUL, "RISE UP, MY LOVE, MY FAIR ONE, AND COME AWAY." THEN GIVE ME GRACE TO RISE AND FOLLOW THEE UP FROM THIS MISTY LOWLAND WHERE I HAVE WANDERED SO LONG. IN JESUS' NAME. AMEN
Oh how that is the prayer of my heart...make me thirsty for so much more!

In other news, I'm in love! This has been the most blessed week with my darling, Belle. We have had such a wonderful time getting to know each other and literally falling more in love with each look! We made a huge accomplishment this week by dropping one night feeding. So her late night feeding is at 10 and she sleeps till 4it has been glorious!
Este also turned 29 on Thursday..his last year to enjoy his 20's :) i love my older man;)
Anyone ready for pictures?
She loves the gym my parents got her



My attempts of trying to wake her after nursing...had to get a picture!

Like father like daughter, chillin on the couch

My friend made Isabelle this outfit...it's now too tight on her but i thought i would have her wear it one more time on her daddy's birthday (more outfits being made:)



her big toe always popping out!

happy birthday Esteban and Michael

oooh, i got creative!

lovins with aunt juG

Grandma and Opa Weller

i had been wanting to test out our carrier, today was the day...she liked it, for sure



Theo wanted out too

is it just me, or does she look a bit irritated with all the pics?

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay where have y'all been? I need updates :)