Friday, June 5, 2009

Carry You

Well, pep and i just got done dancing to CARRY YOU by amy grant. here are the lyrics.
Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child, my child
Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child, my child

If I can walk on water
And calm a restless sea
I've done a thousand things you've never done

And I'm weary watchin'
While you struggle on your own
Call my name, I'll come

Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child, my child
Lay down your burden, I will carry you
I will carry you, my child, my child

I give vision to the blind
And I can raise the dead
I've seen the darker side of Hell
And I returned
And I see those sleepless nights
And I count every tear you cry
I know some lessons hurt to learn


I've never really listened to the lyrics before but as we were dancing, i started listening and it was amazing! here I am carrying my child as we dance. she can do nothing (except lick my shoulder) as we dance and i carry her...yet as the parent...i love carrying my daughter...it was such a special, intimate time together! and I just have to wonder if that's where God wants us...where we cant do anything on our own...we have to have Him carry us...and that's right where He desires us to be...in that place where we can be close and intimate. Thankyou Lord for lessons learned from my child! and then andy williams comes on with a christmas song...darn shuffle...talk about ruining a moment!
anyways, talking about lessons...we taught belle a lesson today....how to go from a happy baby girl to a sad one within 1/2 a second...
happy baby

sad baby

ok, and baby doing the sprinkler

One other thing, we have prayed since day 1 that the Lord will use our daughter in such a mighty way throughout her life. Well, we have some friends that lost their 20 year old son 2 weeks ago. We went by to be with them a little bit last night and Gloria, the mother, was holding isabelle. isabelle was just staring at her and being 'oh so good!' well, I heard Gloria tell belle, "you are just blessing me right now!" yay for God starting early! woohoo. Praise you Jesus!
look how big my baby is getting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is sooooooo good. I love to see the pictures and read what God is teaching you through your little girl. She is so cute happy and sad.

G. Sprouse