Tuesday, April 10, 2012

3 Months

Our son is about 3 1/2 months old and because having two kids is quite busy, I haven't been able to write down cool things that he has done like I did with Peppy...however my goal is to do it!
I looooove having Samuel.  There really is a special bond that we have.  Today as I was watching him look at me, I had a yearning in my heart to tell him to always look at me with those lovey dovey eyes.  One day he will be older and realize that his momma ain't all he thought she was and those looks will be gone, but until then...ima soak them all up!!!
Sam Sam loves his daddy, too.  When Este came home from work today, he could not stop looking at him. It NEVER fails...and it has been 3 months, that when Samuel and Este look at each other and talk, I tear up.  One time I was putting my makeup on while they were on the bed "conversing" and I kept telling myself to not tear up cause I was gonna ruin my makeup...it just didn't work.  There is just something about my family and the love that is between all of us that is really so grand and truly heartwarming.
Our lil man is totally in love with his sissy.  She gives our whole family much entertainment but especially him.  He watches her  all the time and it actually is quite nice for me.  I wonder what I did with Peppy at this age when she had no older sibling to watch.
Some other goodies about our kiddo.
*He's huge.  a few weeks ago he weighed 18 pounds.  um, that's ten pounds gained in three months.  crikey!  is anything better than a baby with rolls???
*He is definitely a fussy baby at times.  He reacts to dairy so i try my best to stay away from it.
*At two months he got RSV and I'm paranoid he will get it again.  He has since had a runny nose but it did not turn into RSV...praise the Lord!
*On his 3 month birthday he rolled from his belly to his back for the first time.  I even got it on my phone.  (pictures and videos will be coming soon!)
*In the last week, he has gone from eating every 3 hours to every 4 hours.  I just thought I'd try it to see how he did since he didn't always take a full feeding.  The night after the day I tried it, he slept most the night.  That was it for me...he's been sleeping through the night since.  double Praise the Lord!
*He loves his bath.  He splashes and kicks and smiles and coos.  It's really great.
*He has green eyes.  Peppy's gray eyes changed at a year.  But who knows about him.
*So many people have said he looks like my dad.  He is so white and just doesn't look like me.  We have had a few people say they see Este in him at certain angles...but for the most part people are puzzled or they think he looks like my dad.
*He actually takes a nuk.  I just don't let him sleep with it (unless we are out and about) but it's nice to have!
There are many times throughout the day when I think to myself how blessed I am to have this little guy, to be his mommy and to be able to love on him.  I love being a mom and am so grateful to my husband for allowing me to do what I want...to be home and raise my kiddos.

No comments: