Thursday, April 12, 2012

Peppy-3 years old.

What? How did my lil spankaroo get to be 3?   Girl, I adore you to the moon and back.  You are so precious to me.

I never know what is gonna go through that adorable head of yours.  Plenty of times you have come to me with big brown eyes gleaming and say, "I have a great idea!"  Your imagination is plentiful and I simply love that.
You get my humor and that does wonders to my soul! When you asked daddy to shake it and then do a show for you, I knew it. I knew that the quirkiness that I share with your Pops has simply been passed on...and I couldn't be more proud :)
You like to hide things...and hide you do so well.  I have started to realize that couch cushions are a favorite hiding spot.  Oh the things I have found under those cushions!
You are a girly girl.  You love to put dresses and skirts on, gloves, leotards, pretty lips, and shoes.  You have quite an eye for style, too.  But somehow you also love to get dirty, pee in the grass and find bugs.  You are a work of art!
You use your words to uplift.  What an encourager you have become.  You have told quite a few strangers that they are pretty or you like their shirt, etc.  You are always complementing me and have told your daddy that you like his muscles, his big muscles.  You notice when I get dressed up and are sure to comment on "how pretty" I am.  You tell us, "you are a great daddy, you are a great mommy."  Oh how I pray you will always feel that.  You told me today I am your best friend and that daddy is, too.  Is it possible to be a great mommy and best friend?  In time, after you're married, hopefully :)
Random times during the day you will say, "So, how ya been?" ahhhh!  A few weeks ago, we were coming home from Wednesday night church and you go, "So, what was your favorite part of the day." Melt.my.heart.
It kills you when I get hurt...which happens to be quite often for some reason.  A few weeks ago, you were upstairs and I was downstairs when a can dropped on my foot. I yelled and I could hear you running down the stairs saying, "mommy, are you okay?"  The look on your face was presh and you came and rubbed my leg as I gathered myself.
 You are a lover and good one at that.  You often say, "lets just cuddle for a few minutes."  this ALWAYS gets your dad :)
I could seriously go on and on.  I hope you get how much I love you.  But even more, I am waiting on the moment you get how much Jesus truly loves you and how much He has done for you.  There are glimpses I see where I think you may be getting it.  I pray that the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to you so soon.  In my flesh, I can't love you, lead you or serve you like I should.  I have to ask the Holy Spirit to fill me up to overflowing to be your momma...and at the end of the day, to cover over all my mistakes.
Happy Birthday my sweet birthday girl who loves to clank my glass and say "cheers!," drink a "steam drink" in the bathroom with me and who has the craziest nighttime "rituals" in saying night night in a few different octaves, make sure we are "going downstairs" and that your night light is on.
Cheers to a lifetime of laughs, hugs, kisses, high fives, tickles, morning voices that say, "I'm so glad you are here...."
You have my heart, as you would say, and you have it big time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um wow Tifiny! This is beautiful! You are such a wonderful and loving mom to your little ones!

Anonymous said...

Tifiny, you are amazing, and I pray for the fervor you have for life.
Peppy is such a beauty and wonderful creation. She is a special child indeed.

from your friend who missed you dearly,
Maury

Jess Williams said...

I'm speechless, I am just so in love with this post. She's a sweet, sweet girl because she has amazing parents.