Thursday, September 11, 2008

MY FRUIT LOOP

So, our baby is the size of a strawberry this week...awww! We can't get over how quickly our lil one is growing. Today I had a moment of, "oh my gosh, there's a baby in there!" I really dont think it has actually sunk in. We'll see how long that takes.
Things I've realized this week:
1. I want to purchase everything I've ever wanted before the baby comes...is this normal? I'm a total penny pincher. I could eat cereal for every meal if I needed to...or wanted to....but somehow, that has changed a bit and I'm ready to spend our last dime to prepare our house just perfectly before the baby comes. Plus the back yard. Plus we need to get our kitty prepared...shaved, pedicured, ....i dunno, it's weird.
2. One of my new favorite "quick" places to eat...Hawaiian BBQ...is now a place that just the thought of it gives me dry heaves practically. UUUHHHH..
3. I have totally grown a backbone! I'm not normally the person to confront someone face to face about an issue....unless it's a friend, family or hubby:) anyways, this seems to not be an issue, as of me being preggo. and when it happens, it's like an out of body experience...something that is totally foreign to me. lol, hormones are a powerful thing!
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT....i seriously have an exceptional husband that is going to make an amazing father. He has seriously stepped up these last several weeks to take care of me, meals, shopping, my cravings, cleaning the litter:), carrying heavy things, praying over me and baby, holding me, making me laugh, laying in bed with me for literally all day...on one of my "bad" days....i am so amazed and so excited to see how God is going to continue to blossom our relationship. I dont think either one of us has ever felt so content in our relationship...not only content but happy. that's a great word to use. One night when he was praying, it came out in his prayer and it struck me.....when we got married, our desire was for us, as a couple, to magnify the Lord together....now God is adding another person to our family to help us magnify Him! how incredible is that. Not only is it going to be our child, but someone we can worship the Lord with. ahhhh..just the thought.
soooo...this week has been a bit enlightening. :) (please pray that my nausea goes away quickly...it's a struggle)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you!! You guys are just the cutest. Love you all!

Love Augusta

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the baby has got in just a short time...wow

Augusta...again :P