Sunday, September 9, 2007

another wonderful weekend

I had, once again, a great weekend! Friday night Este and I acted like old people and stayed indoors and just hung out not doing much of anything. On Saturday morning I woke up and ran 5 miles and then we headed to the beach! We heard an amazing teaching from Jacob Prasch on the way there! He was jokingly saying that in heaven he thinks we are all going to have middle names....and they are all going to be Barabbas He went on to say that it was a perfect picture of us and Jesus. He took the place of a guilty man and the guilty man was set free! Ponder that for a moment. Thank you Lord for your sacrifice!
Anyways the beach was absolutely perfect. No clouds, a gentle breeze, and great company. We actually went back to the beach where I saw my first sunset over the ocean while we were dating. We also went back to the same restaurant we ate at that night. We tanned in our chairs as we people watched, played in the water, threw the frisbee and played tic tac toe in the sand. I went home smiling.
Today we went to church and it was great! Read Romans 2 and you'll be thankful for the Lord's goodness on sinners! Then we were invited by some friends to go to a huge mall about 45 minutes away. I was very quick in agreeing to go. I love the mall. Anyways, my friend Sarah and I are both cheapos but we were bad influences on each other. Getting home I think, "and why did I buy this?" But it was a wonderful day with tons of laughs and fellowship.
Looks like next weekend is gonna be another great one. Been invited to karaoke and dancing. Praise the Lord for weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA. TIF, U ARE SO WELL ROUNDED AND ENJOYING LIFE. I NEED TO SLEEP LESS. U DO A LOT IN ONE DAY!