Thursday, September 13, 2007

need a lil love

Today has been a bit of a rough one. I am left writing this with a puffy face, a drained spirit, and squinty eyes. I know that God has stretched me a lot in the last couple of years...but I have a feeling He's not done yet. I'm a planner, I like to have things figured out. But the Lord says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways." Is. 55:8. Well, that leaves me with a bit of a problem doesn't it.
I'm in a place right now where I don't know if God wants my trust and faith in Him to grow, if He's leading us to a completely different place in our lives/walks with Him, or if I need some "chastening" (My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives Heb 12...Now no chastening seems joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it)
Yes I am positive that the first and third are a definite. I feel like saying "God please just tell me what I'm going to go through or where we are going to end up...so I can prepare and then I'll be okay to go through whatever" Yeah, actually I have said that to Him. But then there's my lack of trust and faith in Him. Bummer.
I do want the Lord to teach me, correct me, and lead me into the way everlasting. I want to be all His.
So there I was, a ball of tears with a husband praying over me...and in that moment I felt this strong emotion of thankfulness. I started thanking the Lord for my husband and the heart he has for Jesus. I'm thankful for Jesus too.
You are welcome to pray for me...that's how you can give me a lil love:)

No comments: