Monday, October 1, 2007

I'll roll the stone away!

I think that we all know the story of when Jesus called out to Lazarus and He came out in his grave clothes alive. Wow, what a scene. But as I was reading today, something struck me that had never struck me before in my other times of reading this story. If Jesus had the power to raise Lazarus from the dead, didn't He have the power to remove the stone? Of course He could have...but was He looking for faith and obedience in the women?
I stopped to think about how many times in my life I pray to God to bring me out of the grave, to put new life in me, to pull me out of my trouble...and maybe all He's waiting for is me to push that stone away. For me to take that step of faith and obey... to give Him that part of my heart that's keeping me in the grave. OR maybe God's waiting for me to roll that stone away so that somebody else can walk out of the grave. Lord, I'm ready to roll it away!

No comments: