Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Trip to the dentist

I went to the dentist yesterday and it was, surprisingly, a good experience...mainly because of the dental hygienist I had. She was an older woman who took time with me and told me more about what I need to do and why I need to do it than any other dentist I ever have had.
Anyways, from my previous trips to the dentist, I already knew that I still had two baby teeth and no permanent teeth under them. Kinda interesting. Well, the last couple of months I started wondering if I just happened to miss the time that my wisdom teeth came in. Most people moan and groan as their wisdom teeth are surfacing. I don't remember ever having that. I thought, "well, maybe b/c I am made of Sprouse blood, that's why it didn't hurt so bad." My curiosity got the best of me, so yesterday I thought I would go ahead and ask how many wisdom teeth I have. The doctor looked in my mouth and told me that I had none showing in my mouth and she would go check my x-rays. Nope! She looked at me and said, "Man, you got jipped a total of six teeth!" Okay God, did you think I had enough wisom already? heheee. Yeah, I know...no comments please.
Even though I'm missing a few things I should have had, it actually is better for me b/c I don't have them. I don't have to worry about the pain of them, the crowding of them, or even the surgery that lots of people require because of them. How true is this about other things in our lives that other people have and we think we want them or actually should have them. Maybe God mysteriously blesses us and keeps us from pain by not even letting us have them to deal with. Thank you Lord for your wisdom...and thanks for my lack of wisdom.........teeth:)

No comments: