Wednesday, February 4, 2009

30 WEEKS!!!!

I know, I know....I was horrible to the 29th week....no picture...no nuttin! BUT it has been a good week! I am30 weeks today and will post a picture this week of my growing...um, everything!
We purchased our very first thing for our lil one this past Saturday. Her crib, changing table, bedding and room accessories are on their way! What a relief that is. Our friend, Ken, is coming tomorrow to work on the room and get it ready for painting! Another friend, Tish, is coming next week to paint. Whew...never thought we'd get there.
We have been massively "internally" cleaning our home. Our new rule in the house: If we haven't used it in a year, we never will....get it out! Hence, the trash man hates us! He even left one of the bags on the ground after it fell off....grrr. The next thing on the list is the garage....I soooo hope to get to it before the weekend...we are going to the mountains with Este's dad and Maria!
Another major project of mine was to go through all of our digital pictures (1,000's) and get them printed and some blown up for around the house. We recently just recovered our honeymoon pictures for 1800 dollars and we are not doin that again! Anyways, it has taken me hours but i am, for the most part, finished. I have around 900 coming to our house next week. I saved some christmas money to do this and even have some left over for frames.
I also wrote my lil girl a letter today to go into her special box. Wow, I realized something about myself that, I think, has really helped me. I realized that a lot of my fear that I have had in the last couple of months, is fear of failure...especially of failing her. I want her to have the perfect mom that knows her needs and always directs her to the Lord...yet I know my faults and weaknesses and it has made me feel disappointed in myself already. BUT this is a good thing, b/c I can now address the issue with my loving FATHER who lavishes new mercy on me each morning. Anyways, it was CRAZY to write her a letter and I think I realized how in love with her I am, already.
Tomorrow (FEB 5th) Esteban and I will have been married for 4 years. I can't get over it. It really seems as if we have been together since birth...we just know each other that well...but at the same time, 4 years...wow! The one thing I LOVE about our marriage is that when people ask how we got together (which is pretty much everyone, when they find out I'm from WV) the Lord is always the big part of the story. He's the one who coordinated the whole thing and there's no denying Him...absolutely none. How amazing is that to have a love story that always gives glory to God. Thankyou Jesus!
Well, we do have to work tomorrow but we are both going and getting 1 1/2 hour massages (partly thanks to my mom and dad:) OOOOHHH, I'm so excited. I went to get a pedicure with a friend last week...which I haven't had for 2 years...and I about melted in my chair when they touched my feet. :)
So, for memory sake (and b/c I have all these pics now) lets reminisce....


Dating, in Mexico



My first visit to Cali...watching my first sunset over the ocean



My dream day...



Holding a SLOTH in Costa Rica on our honeymoon...and that's our taxi driver:)



Cozumel


Grand Canyon


San Francisco


The birthday gift that keeps giving...



HEY>>>no laughing, he has grown into his feet!


Christmas


Venice, Italy


Hawaii
Just to share a few:)

3 comments:

heidi said...

Great post!! can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

heidi said...

Great post!! can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us some great memories :) The sloth that Esteban was holding looked dangerous!! Ah! Sid the Sloth from Ice Age looked much friendlier...I love that movie. Thanks for a long blog...it was awesome! :D
Love you,
Augusta