Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Experiencing Joy

I have had a wonderful day today. Nothing big, nothing really exciting happened, yet i felt so joyful. It seemed as if everything I did today just made me smile...even running 5 miles for the first time...ugh!
For the past two months I have gone through a bit of depression/spiritual attack...not sure which one was more, but know a mixture of both. It seemed as if everyday was a struggle for me. Some days would be better than others but it really drained me each day dealing with all this stuff/lies going on inside my head and then fighting to not react to them. The Lord is faithful and His word is true and He wants to use us to spread His truth to others...so I have learned from all of this.
Anyways, since I have kinda come out of that, each day that is good seems like a huge blessing. Even being able to do the little things without this "fight" is a blessing to me. God is showing me how good my life really is, how special the people I have in my life are, and what a blessing it is to be healthy.
I spent this weekend back in WV with family and friends. I seriously couldn't have dreamed of a better weekend...and I always set my expectations high so that is really something. To see my whole family love God and serve Him is amazing to me. So many pple have never experienced that and some never will but for some reason, God has chosen me to be a part of a family that loves Him...and I'm so grateful for that. God has also blessed me with amazing friends...friends that encourage me, pray for me, love me, and accept me for my quirks..I think they even like some of them:) And God has seriously given me a huge blessing by giving me my husband. Marriage is hard, but if you do it God's way, the blessings that come out of it are more than you have ever thought. Marriage is way different than I ever expected yet so much better..so much deeper. I am married to my best friend...and it really does keep getting better. I have a partner to live with who makes me laugh, who prays for me, loves me, uplifts me with his words, carries me through my rough times in my walk with the Lord...and once again...lives with my quirks and likes some of them...and has even taken on some of them:)
My father, brother and I ran in a 2 mile race on Saturday. My dad and brother did amazing, both placing in their age groups. For me, I was just happy to be able to run. I would have never dreamed I would be able to run for 2 miles without passing out, yet by God's strength I have accomplished a goal. That feeling for me was just like getting a big trophy.
Finally, God has given me His word...even though I ignore it sometimes, don't dive in it like I should...He's still given it to me. ...this is experiencing joy...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Welcome to the world of blogging.

Glad you had a good time at the race.

Bill Sprouse said...

We've gotta do that again Tif!