Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Here am I

I have had a certain song in my head over the last couple of days. Here are a some of the words...
I see the Lord seated on the throne, exalted
And the train of His robe fills the temple with glory
And the whole earth is filled with His glory

I can completely picture all the words of this song in my head. The mighty Lord, my Savior, sitting on the throne, with the train of His robe filling the temple. Majestic!
So, this morning I decided to read the chapter in the Bible that this song comes out of. It is Isaiah 6. As I began to read, I was in awe of the whole chapter. I had read it before but it was fresh and new to me this morning. Isaiah sees the Lord on the throne...the angels are singing holy is the Lord.
Isaiah said, "Woe is me, for I am UNDONE!" Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts."
An angel took live coal and touched his lips with it to make him clean. The Lord said, "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?"
"HERE AM I! SEND ME." Isaiah said.
I don't know about you but I'm ready to be undone! There's a song by David Crowder that says "He has set me on fire, I am burnin alive, with His breath in my lungs I am coming undone...I am letting myself go" How many times do we go before God seeing how perfect and holy He is and are ashamed enough of how unclean our hearts and lives are to change? How willing are we to raise our hands up to the Lord and be the first to say, "Here I am, Here I am, Lord...Send me, please send me!"
I have been awakened today. May I be the first to raise my hand.

No comments: