Friday, August 31, 2007

Waking up feeling ALIVE

I woke up this morning after a wonderful rest and just felt amazing! Probably for one of the first times in my life do I really appreciate the blessing of waking up and not feeling a heaviness on me. I feel so blessed to just be feeling good. Over the last week, I have been trying to pray the ACTS prayer. Adore the Lord in His attributes, Confess or name out your sins, Thank the Lord for things in your life and Supplication...praying for pple, yourself, etc. I have realized just how good the Lord is and how much I should be thankful for in my life.
Yesterday my husband and I were in LA doing an appraisal and we accidentally ran into a puddle of wet, white paint on the road. We get out and the paint is all splashed up on the car and yada yada. Bummer! My first fleshly reaction is to get mad and let this ruin my day. But then, I believe it was the Lord, touched my heart and kinda hit me on the head. I thought that if this was the worst thing that happens to us today, we are doin pretty good! Also, we had just listened to a teaching an hour earlier talking about being tied to the world with our earthly possessions. If some paint really upsets me that much, am I truly acting like a citizen of heaven or a citizen of earth, wrapped up in my "material blessings?" ouch!
So, I woke up this morning feeling ALIVE...alive in the Lord and blessed! Paint-ah, no biggie! :)

No comments: