Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our lil one...kinda...

Sooo, today we went to get another ultrasound of our baby. The last time we went, they found that my placenta was low and over my cervix and that needed to change in order for me to not have to have a c section. Well, we went today and got to see her, even in 4D. It was crazy! Her butt was down so we were unable to double check on her sex...not that i'm doubting or anything:) Also, at one point she was sucking/chewing big time. It was darling. Her thick lips were just a moving! She also was chewing on her hand. And the pictures we got of her, her hands were up around her face.
The doctor said that she is ahead of schedule with her weight...so i'm going to talk to my regular doctor to see if that could change her due date. It actually freaked me out a bit b/c her weight is going to have an impact on delivery ... but after I took a nap, I felt much better.
Also, my placenta has shifted and is higher, so that will not be an issue at all. Praise God!
Yesterday my doctor called with the results of my testing I did for gestational diabetes... it came back good! But, my iron levels have dropped so I'm now taking more iron pills. That could be the reason of my tiredness.
Tomorrow I start my 3rd trimester...week 28. I can't believe it...she'll be here so soon. I have definitely noticed a change in my hormones the past week or so. I've had a lot of doubting on being a mom....a good mom at that...and whether I can really do this....not that I have a choice. It's crazy to think that we are going to have such an impact on her...good and bad. That scares me. Hopefully I will be balancing out soon:)
I will leave you with a few pics of our daughter :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally got to see lil cha cha. I can't wait to hold her.

G. Sprouse

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I am tooooo excited to meet her!!! How exciting. :D

Luv,
Augusta

Brent and Abigail said...

love these 4d pictures. hope we get one. she is so adorable! just want to squeeze and kiss those cheeks. and dont worry about a big baby. might mean she comes out earlier :)

Anonymous said...

NO WAY! Those are the coolest ultrasound pics I have ever seen! Gosh you can see her features so clearly, and she is beautiful. It almost looks like she is carved out of stone, like an artist's sculpture. Well I guess she is. God is the ultimate artist! Loved the pics!
Love you tons,
Lisa